Friday, December 14, 2012

RTFAFN: Connecticut School Shooting

I can remember a time when all we had were drills for natural disasters and we had to learn fire evacuation routes. The only security in the hallways of our school were appointed student hall monitors and the occasional teacher who used to stand at the doorways of their classrooms making sure that students got to the rooms before the bell sounded. Today is completely different. Today is completely disturbing. Hollywood bank robbers, Columbine, freeway shooting, a mall, a movie premiere and now CHILDREN dead in a quiet Connecticut neighborhood school getting shot while attending class. I'm not familiar with any of this and I'm sick.  What has happened to our society? What does this mean for the next 30 years? Is it our gun laws? Is it widespread mental illness, depression and/or quick tempers? I really don't know. My random thought is "our future is grim". My prayers go out to the families in Newtown, CT.

No comments:

Post a Comment