Monday, December 31, 2012

RTFAFN: The Mayans weren't wrong

If you ask me, I'm not 100% sure the Mayans were wrong. I fully believe the world would have ended if it weren't for Jack Bauer. There were others who thought the world would end. Some first century Christians though that Jesus would come back within the first generation to end the world.  He didn't.  The year 1000 came in and went. But maybe they got the math wrong. Jesus was supposedly 33 when He died for our sins.  So... maybe it was the year 1033. No.  That wasn't it. Christopher Columbus claimed that the world was going to end in 1658. Nope. Jehovah's Witnesses thought it was going to be 1975. I think we can all remember Y2K. Then of course we have the Rapture which was going to be May 21st...oh wait... no, October 21st... or something. I'm just going to opt to believe that time traveling Jack Bauer has continued to save us over and over again. He just couldn't stop the end of the Twinkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment